The legend of Lavender…
Lavender plants and their essential oils are so fabulous that Lavender is even “responsible” for the genesis of modern aromatherapy! The Lavenders are so legendary they deserves a whole class structured around them!
So this is it! A class showcasing “the Lavenders” of Aromatherapy. Here are a few questions that may cross your mind when thinking about Lavender, which this class will help you navigate. When would you turn to Lavendula stoechas vs. Lavandula angustifolia…? Who is Lavandula dentata? And what about “Lavender Sage” and “Lavender Tea Tree”!?
This video-based class takes you through the Lavenders of Aromatherapy, from growing conditions to essential oil therapeutics and personalities. Each video was made outside next to Lavender (and other!) plants growing in my gardens to emphasize how a plant presents itself in the world comes through in the therapeutics and personality of the essential oil. It is also critical for Aromatherapists to know what the essential oil creating plants look like!
Look forward to exploring the following topics:
- Defining Aromatherapy and Distillation
- Overview of the Lavandula family, including the genesis of modern Aromatherapy & R.M. Gattefossé
- “True Lavender” (Lavandula angustifolia), including information on “Population” Lavender and other classifications
- “Spike Lavender” (Lavandula latifolia)
- Lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia)
- “Spanish Lavender” (Lavandula stoechas)
- “Toothed Lavender” (Lavandula dentata)
- “Spanish Sage” (Salvia lavandulaefoila)
- “Rosalina” (Melaleuca ericifolia)
- An overview of “the Chamomiles” (Anthemis nobilis, Matricaria recutita, Ericephalus punctulatas & Tanacetum annum).
- Recipe ideas
Once you sign up for the class you have access to 3 hours of video to watch at your own pace and come back to at any time. You’ll also have access to a Power Point file which includes key points covered in the class.
Note: The class is non-refundable.