Creams have been made for hundreds of years and are a lovely way to deliver essential and fixed oils to the mind, body and spirit, but can be tricky to make. A cream may be as simple as beeswax, water and oil, but if you go down the rabbit hole, a cream is called an “emulsion” and beeswax is technically not an emulsifier yet holds a cream together. And adding essential oils into the mix calls for safe dilution practices and consideration of what oils to choose. Hmmmm…..
This detailed, video-based class takes you through the how’s of creating the perfect cream, specifically a “cold cream” and safely incorporating essential oils & hydrosols into the formulation. Look forward to covering the following topics:
- Benefits of creams: why choose a cream over another delivery method?
- Deep-dive on emulsions & why beeswax is not an emulsifier but still works.
- Preservatives, Antioxidants & when they are needed.
- Ingredient deep-dive: water phase, fixed (base) oil phase and essential oils.
- Essential oil dilution guidelines.
- Formulation guidelines & proportions.
- Step-by-step instruction on making a cold cream.
- Tips, hints and much more!
This class gives you access to a 2 hour video to watch at your own pace and come back to at any time. You’ll also have access to a file that includes key points from the class along with a detailed article I wrote on making an aromatherapy cream and considering preservatives.
Below is an introduction video. Sign up for full access! I’ll see you inside the class!
Note: The class is non-refundable.