Your cart is currently empty!
DIY Series: The Perfect Cream
The Perfect Cold Cream class brings you into the world of nourishing aromatherapy creams made with essential oils. Join Amy as she shares the answers to the How-to and Whys of cold cream use, blending with essential oils, and her recipe for the perfect cold cream. This video introduction gives you a sneak-peak of Amy’s intriguing teaching style, scroll down for more information. See you in the class!
Pay what you wish! $15.00 is suggested.
Creams have been made for hundreds of years and are a lovely way to deliver essential and fixed oils to the mind, body and spirit, but can be tricky to make. A cream may be as simple as beeswax, water and oil, but if you go down the rabbit hole, a cream is called an “emulsion” and beeswax is technically not an emulsifier yet holds a cream together. And adding essential oils into the mix calls for safe dilution practices and consideration of what oils to choose.
This detailed, video-based class takes you through the how’s of creating the perfect cream, specifically a “cold cream,” and safely incorporating essential oils and hydrosols into the formulation. Look forward to covering the following topics:
- Benefits of creams: why choose a cream over another delivery method?
- Deep dive on emulsions & why beeswax is not an emulsifier but still works.
- Considering preservatives and antioxidants.
- Ingredient deep-dive: water phase, fixed (base) oil phase and essential oils.
- Essential oil dilution guidelines.
- Formulation guidelines & proportions.
- Step-by-step instruction on making a cold cream.
- Tips, hints and much more!
This class gives you access to a 2-hour video to watch at your own pace and come back to at any time. You’ll also have access to a file that includes key points from the class along with a detailed article I wrote on making an aromatherapy cream and considering preservatives. See you in class!